Thursday 20 January 2011

My initial thought and ideas

Inspirational films

One of my all time favourite films and one of the most iconic openings ever made is love actually, therefore i want my opening to be loosely based around that and also my idea has been inspired by the film My sisters keeper.


Target audience
My target audience are 14-24 year old, as from my research i have found this to the biggest cinema audience and this age group are the most likely to watch my film. Also as the genre of my film is a romantic comedy, from my research i found women watch these type of films more.

Brief synopsis of my idea
I am going to begin my film at the end, with a man (aged mid 20's) sitting on a swing in a park. I will focus on him for a couple of seconds, before he begins to talk/reminisce. (He will be the voice over for the rest of my film).  It will then move to a group of children playing happily at a park,smiley but focusing on one little boy (the man). Throughout this the voice over will still be talking about how when he was little nobody treated him any different, just like he normal and introducing his illness (Leukemia) and talking about how he has got to this point ext...

I have thought about the rest of my film, so i have an idea about what the rest of my film will hold and where it is going; although i will not be filming it.

Rest of my film
The man has been treated badly all of his life, e.g not getting jobs, girls or friends. Then he meets a girl, who understands him and they fall in love. They are together for a year before the man gets incredibly ill and needs bone marrow, which later the women will give him to save his life.

The actors
I will be using a group of young children, approximately aged between 4 and 10. I will also need a mid 20 year old man, if possible good looking, so my 'film' would appeal to my target audience.

Where and When?
It will be set in a recreational park or playing field, preferably on a sunny, bright day and during the daytime.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely idea Lauren, will definitely be a success - can't wait to watch! xx

    ReplyDelete