Thursday 31 March 2011

Directing

Tone needs to be strong willed and a positive view, showing the boy having a open mind. I didnt want the voice over to be sad and depressing as i didn't think it would fit the film, especially as the music gave it a sad feel as it was. 


(Voice over) 

" It's amazing how naive you are as a child, that moment i thought was the worst in my life and could potentially be the most life destroying news. How wrong i was,  the 20th of August did turn out to be the worst in my life. My GCSE'S were actually suprising good, my teachers all told me that i had a promising and successful life ahead of me. 

Ironically the doctor said the same thing but not the way i expected . I had just found out that i had Leukemia and it needed to be treated straight away. As a sixteen year old boy how are you suppose to react, go off the rales, start taking drugs and alcahol or  be brave and work through it. 

My life was never the same after that day from being a bully i turned into the bullied, every step i took somebody would be (pause) staring, giggling or laughing but i soldiered on and beat it and them . So here i am still alive, but back to square one. 20th august 2011 the doctor says those words that nobody wants to hear..

(longer pause) 

 im so sorry to tell you that the Leukemia has returned, we have no other choice but to perform a bone marrow translant but we need to find a donar. 

(Pause)
(change of tone - lighter, determined feel) 

So today is the beginning of my new life, a new Micheal and a man.

yellow highlight is for the words that need to be stressed 
- Underlined words, sentences that needed to be slower and pronouced well as they are vital to the understading of the dialogue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment